We have several door prizes, provided by our vendors. Every attendee receives one ticket for door prize drawings. You must be present to win, and you may only win one door prize.
If you would like to participate in the Gift Exchange, please bring a wrapped gift with a value of at least $25. You do not need to sign up in advance to participate. Each person who brings a gift will leave with one.
Historically, there is a gag gift that has been passed around at Orlando Distaff Day for years – a brightly colored crocheted bikini. Whoever receives the bikini brings it the next year, wrapped with their $25 gift. Will the bikini make an appearance at 2023? We’ll see if the most recent recipient remembers and has held onto it for the last 3 years!
Demos are 15 to 30 minutes long, on a wide variety of fiber techniques and disciplines. In 2023, the Weavers of Orlando are returning with the demo loom, so you will have the opportunity to try floor loom weaving. We will also have a demonstration of the Bosworth Attache Charka and one on how to pick a raw fleece to purchase.
We are looking for additional demonstrations. If you’d like to do a demonstration, please fill out the contact form and let us know!
Warmies and Food Donations
Tee Rogers of The Warmies Project is returning to Orlando Distaff Day! Bring any warm items and nonperishable food that you’d like to donate. Tee will bring your donations to the Coalition for the Homeless. Orlando Distaff Day has partnered with The Warmies Project since 2014 and over the years, attendees have donated thousands of handmade items to help warm up those who need it. We look forward to seeing what you’ve made for donations over the last three years.
- Four drawings will be held. Two drawings are for yarn. Two drawings are for spinning fiber.
- Tickets are $1 each or $5 for six tickets.
- You will receive your raffle tickets when you check in to the event onsite. If you fail to check in, your raffle entries are forfeit and your purchase is treated as a donation to Orlando Distaff Day, Inc. There are no refunds for raffle tickets.
- You will be able to choose which of the raffle basket drawings you enter. Each basket will have a separate bag or box in which to place tickets for that drawing. Tickets must be separated and if you will not be present for the drawing, you must write your name and phone number on the back of each ticket. You can only put the tickets into the bags onsite, and this is the only what to enter your tickets into the drawing. You cannot designate which drawing to enter at the time of purchase. Orlando Distaff Day volunteers are not able to put your entries in for you.
- Raffle tickets will be available for sale on site, up until the time of the drawing.
- No purchase or contribution is necessary. Attendees can complete a form for one free raffle ticket. This offer is limited to one entry per attendee, and must be done on site.
- The drawings will be held at approximately 4:30 pm on Saturday, January 7, 2023.
- You do not need to be present at the time of the drawing in order to win. Orlando Distaff Day will arrange with you to pick up the raffle basket or will ship it to you. Raffle prizes will only be shipped within the Continental United States.
- This drawing is conducted by Orlando Distaff Day, Inc. whose principal place of business is 111 Holderness Drive, Longwood, FL, 32779.
- Orlando Distaff Day, Inc. did not purchase any of the raffle items. The contents were received as in-kind donations from several donors.
Photos below are from prior Orlando Distaff Day events, and are not the baskets which will be available at the 2023 Event.
New for 2023, Orlando Distaff Day Inc is holding a Silent Auction. The items in the Silent Auction have all been donated to Orlando Distaff Day, by various donors, since our last in-person event. The proceeds from the Auction will help cover the costs of running the event.
Available items include a squirrel cage swift, a four harness Harrisville loom, several raw fleeces, a package with several PLY magazines, and more.
Show and Tell
We love to be inspired by the things you have made! Bring them with you, give us some details and do your best model walk. The pictures below are all Attendees striking poses in approximately 2013.